Sign in to follow this  
Mac

26 Jan 2019 BFM/BVR training

My BFM was atrotious. I had no idea what I was doing. And, yes Redd, I was very frustrated because Zipper was being the professional and giving all the calls and I didn't understand what he was doing. Then, in BVR he began teaching me the bulls calls and I learned so much from him. (Oh, and I also shot him down, accidently.)

We had DCS radar/lock probles. I suspect DCS bugs.

Today, I was on the server from 8 am until 8 pm. 12 hours! But every hour was awesome. I made lots of mistakes, got confused quite a bit, learned a lot, performed professionally occasionally, and generally had a great time. (Sore butt from all that sitting!)

Working with Plague and Salt on the forward air controller stuff was unbelievably easy and it allowed me to act so cool, calm and collected. How they are doing it is, I hope, going to be a continuing policy.

Zipper was also a great asset for me because of (1) him putting up with my unprofessional behavior when I got frustrated, and (2) how smoothly he taught me what I needed to know later.

What a fun day. Thanks, guys.

• Thanks 1

It was a good time Mac, thanks again for helping us out testing and training! Really appreciated!

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

vVMFA-251 is a virtual DCS World F/A-18C squadron flying the Belsimtek/Eagle Dynamics F/A-18C module exclusively. We focus on real-world tactics as best we can within the DCS Wold environment.

vVMFA-251 is not your run of the mill DCS World squadron.

"Custos Caelorum"
DCS World Simple Radio TACview LotAtc