Sign in to follow this  
Fluffytuff

Are you guys still active?

Hello,

I managed to come across you guys by watching a video of 2 of you doing a mission, and thought I'd stop by to say hello. I'm currently already with a virtual fighter wing, but I'd like to get to know a little more about you guys, since you deal with VMFA-251, which is a squadron I know of personally. Do you guys have a team speak set up? Do you currently allow guest pilots to come on and fly with you? 

Hey man, we are definitely still active. We are a realism focused squadron, be happy to have a chat with you and find out more. we are just about to open up recruiting again, so good timing. And we'd be happy to fly with you as a guest if you're interested in seeing what we do and what we're about-

We're all hopping offline for the day since we've been flying almost nonstop since 0700E today but we'll be back on around that same time tomorrow. Hop on our discord and say Hi when you can- https://discord.gg/nYnzf4X

No, not directly, we have had and do have a lot of active and former Marines and Navy guys, but none from -251. Very interested in hearing from you about that-

We are a young squadron and still going through some growing pains as all do I'm sure, but we've got a vision, goals and a plan. We are quite small still, and smaller yet this weekend as two of our main guys are away from home on work, but we have a bit of a scenario going on this weekend on our server, so we'll have a chat tomorrow, find out a bit more about each other and hopefully get some flying in.

Without knowing where you are skill-wise: generally the core skills we look for are: solid understanding of the Hornet, its systems, cold start, sensors, weapons, operation, etc. Safe take off and landings, decent formation flying, a2a refueling, able to fly on-speed AoA, and good case1 pattern is a bonus. We're a virtual Marine squadron so our focus is on supporting the Marine on the ground, and we've put a lot of effort into CAS in the last couple months. The goal is to be well rounded pilots able to do everything that might be asked of a Hornet with a heavy emphasis on CAS. We do carrier ops and land based ops, currently we're flying out of Nellis.

Some things to prepare ahead of time: SRS we use every flight, were on version 1.5.6.0
Mods: the 476th range targets mod http://www.476vfightergroup.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=287 and the Ranger79 units pack, https://drive.google.com/open?id=1kZ6jmojWtuRn3i8uoxtsHBqJNyg4wvze you can use the instructions on the 476th site to install both mods correctly in the saved games directory (or ovgme if you use that).

Look forward to talking more with you.

I went on deployment with them in 2015 on board the Theodore Roosevelt.  I'm a Senior Chief Hospital Corpsman in the Navy.

Glad to have you poking around.  It might look a little dead in the forums because we mostly use Discord now.

What's your experience with -251?

I work on the base VMFA-251 is based out of, so I talk to those guys on the regular. The currrent Wing I'm in are a great bunch of guys, but I'm finding less and less time to go on their deployments due to work hours, and spending time with the family when I do get some time. I'll pop into Discord and chat it up with some of you guys! I doubt the guys at 251 know there's a virtual squadron based on them out there. I'm sure they'll get a kick out of it!

We were pretty busy this weekend as Geko had a weekend long campaign going. I ended up flying two sorties Saturday with Cypher as my lead and three of them Sunday with Highway as my flight lead. I think Broadway and Zipper was in there, but this weekend was quite full so I've lost track of who was doing what, when. I know Cypher and Geko were doing SEAD missions early each morning. Each of my own sorties were anywhere from 1 to 2 hours long. After Sunday night's third one, I was dead on my feet. Sorry I didn't reply until today.

Yes, we're still are still active. Come fly with us, one day.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

vVMFA-251 is a virtual DCS World F/A-18C squadron flying the Belsimtek/Eagle Dynamics F/A-18C module exclusively. We focus on real-world tactics as best we can within the DCS Wold environment.

vVMFA-251 is not your run of the mill DCS World squadron.

"Custos Caelorum"
DCS World Simple Radio TACview LotAtc