Sign in to follow this  
Mac

Two weeks later, they're here

The 9x works great. The cage/uncage works but the helmet display shows the circle then you need to push the cage/uncage to get the 9x tone. Push it again, it unlocks. Re-locate the circle on the bandit, push the cage/uncage again and get the tone. You can lock and fire up to 90 degrees off boresight.

Next, the Lmav.

Set up the laser code to each Maverick OR different codes to each Maverick (box the UFC button to highlight one specific Maverick that you can STEP around OR box the UFC button twice to get ALL the Mavericks). Get jtac to lase (either via 9-line or however). Select a Maverick on the stores page that matches the jtac's laser code. From 16 miles away, either target designate OR have the Maverick scan. You will get a lock at no further than 16 miles. The Maverick will not make it the 16 miles if fired from Angels 5 but, from my tests, the Maverick WILL make it all the way from Angels 10. It might make it from a lower altitude (Maybe Angels 7?) I'll have to test more. I fired from Angels 5 with a good lock at 16 miles and the Maverick did launch. But it ran out of energy about a mile or so short of the target. BE ADVISED: there is NO warning that it failed to hit. (I wasn't watching the HUD to see if there was a Time To Impact.) There is no warning that it hit, either. Jtac just reported the hit.

Edited by Mac
added note about the UFC
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

What might be really cool is have two jtacs with different laser codes and different targets. One Hornet inbound, launch one Maverick on one target then immediately launch a second Maverick on a second target then egress. 60 seconds later, boom... then boom again! :D

6 minutes ago, Mac said:

What might be really cool is have two jtacs with different laser codes and different targets. One Hornet inbound, launch one Maverick on one target then immediately launch a second Maverick on a second target then egress. 60 seconds later, boom... then boom again! :D

Hang out in discord with us Mac! I keep forgetting to put info here as well: the server mission has two scripted auto-lase JTACs at the normal range area (west of Al Dhafra) that are activated via F10 menu, they have separate laser codes! I need to fix the mission before the Mavs will work but I'll be home in a couple hours to get that done.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

vVMFA-251 is a virtual DCS World F/A-18C squadron flying the Belsimtek/Eagle Dynamics F/A-18C module exclusively. We focus on real-world tactics as best we can within the DCS Wold environment.

vVMFA-251 is not your run of the mill DCS World squadron.

"Custos Caelorum"
DCS World Simple Radio TACview LotAtc