Sign in to follow this  
Mac

Weird crash

I was rtb after CCRP practice at 74B, fuel low (around 600 lbs) no stores, flying around 240 kts about 10 miles from Silverbow. I began to slow to about 220, dropped the gear and flaps, and tried to get onspeed. About 7,500 AGL, 178 kts, pulling .7 G's, the A/C nosed over almost onto her back and proceeded to fly back the opposite direction. Full A/B and pushing the stick full back was useless even at 108 kts. It got really weird so I neutraled the stick, stayed in A/B but she insisted on an inverted spin. Not sure what happened but I do know the bombing cues were acting weird earlier, also. I could see the bombing target with the diamond cue but the drop line was considerably to the left.

I am guessing my copy of DCS in memory got trashed somehow and flight dynamics got confused.

Oh well... DCS Hornet is still in pre-release.

Well, tonight for the JTAC training, I had difficulty with SRS, DCS multiplayer list, as well as audio. I had this morning updated my graphics card's driver (GTX 1060) which just might have had something to do with it all. Who knows?

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

vVMFA-251 is a virtual DCS World F/A-18C squadron flying the Belsimtek/Eagle Dynamics F/A-18C module exclusively. We focus on real-world tactics as best we can within the DCS Wold environment.

vVMFA-251 is not your run of the mill DCS World squadron.

"Custos Caelorum"
DCS World Simple Radio TACview LotAtc