Plague

MAG-31: New Potential Pilots Introduce Yourself!

VMFA-251.png

Welcome!

If you are here you must be interested in joining VMFA-251.  Please introduce yourself to the Squadron and let us get to know you. We are a very dedicated and friendly group focusing on the US Marine Corps F/A-18C Hornet mission.  We are happy to have you here with us and look forward to getting to know you. Once you introduce yourself, one of our Command Staff or Instructor Pilots (IPs) will get with you and help you start your journey with us. Also join our Discord and say hi there, we are more active there: https://discord.gg/kYbyXbC

Here is a list of our Command Staff and IPs:

• Redd, Commanding Officer 
  • Geko, Executive Officer & Instructor Pilot 
  • Mustafa, Maintenance Officer (Subject Matter Expert on all Technical/Website/Account issues)
  • Beazle, Operations Officer & Instructor Pilot

We all look forward to meeting you and taking the skies with you!

MAG31beaufort.jpg

Hello all. I am new to the Hornet and been playing DCS for a few years now. Looking to join up in a Hornet squadron. I am a veteran of the US Army and served for 8 years. Huge learning curve, but is my favorite aircraft to fly in DCS. I have never joined a virtual unit in DCS before! Looking to have some fun!

• Like 2

Welcome Man!  I won't hold being an Army guy against you.  Haha.  Navy Corpsman here and did a couple tours with the Marines.  But served around the Army a lot in various places.  Much respect.

Anyway, glad to have you.  You'll find we have an awesome group here and guys that love flying the DCS Hornet.  Make yourself at home and dig into the info in this section of the forum.  

When are you usually available to fly?  What timezone are you in?  If you can get on tomorrow afternoon/evening eastern time, I can get on and we can chat on Teamspeak or in Discord.  There we can get you set up for a checkride.

Again, welcome.  Hope to fly with you soon.

Hoorah!

• Like 1

Welcome! Like Redd said, look around the MAG31 forum, and feel free to ask questions, join the discord (link on main page toward the bottom) and if you see any of us on Teamspeak, feel free to hop in and say hi (currently there is no password, the server IP is 104.153.105.2:9200)

The Focus of our squadron is to fly in a realistic and professional manner to best of the ability that DCS allows, individually we're a pretty laid back easy going bunch, but like to get serious when it comes time to fly, probably the biggest thing we're looking for are self motivated people who already have or can learn the basics on their own and show up prepared to fly and learn along with the rest of us on squad nights. We're shooting for a bit more structure and a higher level of formal training than a lot of DCS squadrons. 

The next several months we're going to be doing a lot of scheduled training, we are more or less going through the actual Marine fighter training syllabus in it's entirety. At the same time we're hoping to be putting on a fair number of scheduled missions and mini-campaigns as well. 

I know the structure and realism isn't for everyone, but if that sounds like something you're interested in, you're in the right place, and at the right time. We are just starting to get into a groove and start moving things along with some cool plans for the future.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Big_Country said:

Hello all. I am new to the Hornet and been playing DCS for a few years now. Looking to join up in a Hornet squadron. I am a veteran of the US Army and served for 8 years. Huge learning curve, but is my favorite aircraft to fly in DCS. I have never joined a virtual unit in DCS before! Looking to have some fun!

Welcome to VMFA-251! Glad to hear you are interested in our Squadron. I won't echo what was already provided, but please feel free to ask questions and get familiar with the information provided. We will have the checkride packet up today as well for you to take a look at. Thanks for your service, I think you will find a very welcoming and friendly home here with VMFA-251. 

I look forward to seeing you flying with us!

Welcome Big Country, look over the Checkride info, anything you aren't sure about please ask one of these knowledgeable guys. 

Above all, try your best and have fun. 😀

Guest Cypher

Hello Gents, I also am new to the forum.  Looking for some fellow DCS Hornet jockeys to fly with.  I am a veteran of the USMC, spent 10 years in between 95-05.  Have been playing flight sims for decades, however I am very impressed with the high fidelity models found in DCS.  

Would love to try out a check ride sometime in the near future, to see if I have 'the right stuff' for the squadron.

I am in the Pacific Time zone, can fly most evenings and weekends.

Look forward to meeting you all.

Hi there Cypher. Most of the guys here have served or are serving in the Military still, so you will be in good company. 

Drop by on Discord as we are moving away from using Teamspeak. Will PM you an invite to our Discord page.

You sound like you have some experience already. 

We are mainly looking for "Right attitude" & "Availability to fly." Somebody who hopefully is wanting more than just to turn up for training nights, a couple of times per week.

Guest Cypher

Thanks, I've added the discord channel.  Look forward to chatting soon.  Will be flying this afternoon, have the day off.

Cypher

Welcome aboard man.  Looking forward to flying with you.

I'm a Corpsman and spent 6 years with the grunts, so good to see a Marine join the group.  

Make yourself at home and chat us up on Discord when you get the chance. 

Hoorah

Hello everyone, just joined the forums and dropping by to say hi, looking for a good gaggle of people to share the skies with! If Im not mistaken, the forum said you still have one slot for recruitment available so here I am! Hehe hope all have a good day!

Well Im a network tech by day and virtual pilot by night lol. Been flying many sims in the past (since the golden ages of flight sims) and a veteran of BMS. Ive dabbled in DCS over the years, but now I have been focusing all of my energy toward the Hornet. Love it.. Really looking forward to carrier ops with a wing. Im available most nights and weekends. I can be on discord in about an hour if yall are still around lets chat!

• Like 1

Yo, fellow IT guy (sysadmin, barely) here. Sounds like your availability works for us, and we also love the Hornet heh, hop on our discord and have a chat with us, see if we'd be a good fit! https://discord.gg/j4uMUA

Looking forward to chatting with you, Zipper, and welcome!  We'll chat more on Discord when you get on.  We have a flight this evening at 1900 EST, so many of us should be around.

Hello the names Riley(Speedboat), ive been playing dcs for a yearish now mostly fly the hornet since it came out and wanna play with a group of deticated fellow dcs hornet guys like me. A little bit about myself is im still in hs(senior), i plan on joining the coast guard as a boatswain mate and love aviation,boats and the water in general. 

Timezone is pacific(WA) and days i can play vary but i can do my best to worl with the schedule when possible. Thanks for the help with anything and nice to be with you guys if you allow. Rah

6 hours ago, Speedboat8724 said:

Hello the names Riley(Speedboat), ive been playing dcs for a yearish now mostly fly the hornet since it came out and wanna play with a group of deticated fellow dcs hornet guys like me. A little bit about myself is im still in hs(senior), i plan on joining the coast guard as a boatswain mate and love aviation,boats and the water in general. 

Timezone is pacific(WA) and days i can play vary but i can do my best to worl with the schedule when possible. Thanks for the help with anything and nice to be with you guys if you allow. Rah

Hey man, welcome! Hop on our Discord when you can and have a chat so we can learn a bit more about your DCS experience and more about what our goals are and how we operate: https://discord.gg/nYnzf4X

Just an FYI: Currently recruiting is closed, but if it seems like a good fit we'd be happy to have you hang around until a slot opens up (which would be Jan1 at the latest, potentially sooner, all our IPs seem to be on "vacation" this month)

Look forward to talking more with you-

Hello all,

I came over here from my buddy Broadway telling me about you charming lot. I only recently have the F18 and have been flying DCS off and on since the Flanker 2.0 days. I've been on your Discord and chatted with Redd for a little bit and I look forward to meeting some more of you fellas.

• Like 1

Hi Breetai,

Broadway and I have flown quite a bit this past year. It would be nice to see another jet jockey flying with us. I have been with DCS since LoMac. I've been with several squadrons in the past but this one is my favorite because of how we fly according to NATOPS. Well, as close to it as we can.

Nice to have met you Breetai. I hope you got sorted out and are able to fly on our server. 

As usual, I will be around at the weekend if you want to do your checkride then. 

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

vVMFA-251 is a virtual DCS World F/A-18C squadron flying the Belsimtek/Eagle Dynamics F/A-18C module exclusively. We focus on real-world tactics as best we can within the DCS Wold environment.

vVMFA-251 is not your run of the mill DCS World squadron.

"Custos Caelorum"
DCS World Simple Radio TACview LotAtc