Sign in to follow this  
Mustafa_admin

Video from last Saturday

Wow man. Incredible work!  Great job putting that together. Once again you have far exceeded expectations Mustafa...gotta stop, makin us simple folk look bad lmao.

Great work Mustafa.

I thought I took off with no clearance.  Happy I was wrong. Damn my first pass was ugly. 

This being our first proper training mission, I'm not going to pull it apart mistake by mistake. For those that took part, they know what mistakes they made and will learn from them. It was a lot of fun and a lot of fun planning it with all involved. 

Early days for the VMFA-251. In 2 months it will be fun to look back and see how far we have come since doing this mission.

Small steps - Crawl Walk Run 

• Like 1

I'm not sure I would want to look back. I mean, with all the gross mistakes I made, it's embarrassing now. Imagine what I'm going to think once I learn what the landing gear handle is for!

• Haha 1

Mustafa (and anyone, for that matter), I think I have a way YOU can get a smooth FPS from YOUR tracks. Send me your track, I'll replay it just as it is (with your TrackIr record), recording it to my hard drive. Then I'll drop it onto Google drive or Dropbox, or somewhere for you to download it and drop it into your own editing software (AfterEffect, Corel VideoStudeo, etc.)

While my 1060 isn't the fastest lightning bolt in the sky, I do have an HDMI passthrough which records WYSIWYG and takes zero cpu clockticks to do so. The only drawback with this is that it records using my own monitor's settings. As such, I can record a couple seconds, email it to you, then adjust my Gamma and record a couple seconds again. It's all a slow process but you get buttery smooth 1080p video.

If you could line me up with those SU-24s on my first pass, it would be much appreciated Mac. 😃

• Haha 2

Did you want me to move YOU or the Su-24's? (If I move you, I have to get CH's permission and a $5.00 correction fee. If I move the Su-24's, I have to get clearance from Shamrock.... and the $5.00 correction fee.) :P

• Haha 2

Let's see how many new faces this video attracts. Our new guys are moving along at a nice pace, so a couple more new faces won't hurt. 

Is there a mandatory population limit to a squadron? I know there is in actuality, but in virtuality?

I used open broadcast to record my footage but that was not the issue. The issue is that I’m recording the video by Mirroring my VR image upsized onto my desktop. I had never done that before, and was still trying to get it to work 10 minutes before the briefing so,I was not able to test it. I’m my hast I forgot to turn down the FPS from 60 to 29.9. I usually record at 60 using my trackIR and monitor but the Rift only runs at 45 FPS max in DCS if I’m lucky and that with a 1080ti water cooled. 

Also, the image you see in that video is not what I see in the gam through the Rift. The video is zoomed in quite a bit so the field of view is a lot less in all directions. 

I plan to keep working at it to see if I can’t find a better solution. I wish you could enter the cockpit through the tracks recording. Then I could just play them back in high resolution and at high FPS. 

Im also thinking about live streaming a mission at some point. 

What happens if you fly normally (using your Rift) and send me the track, unedited. What will I see (assuming I disable my TrackIr.)

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

VMFA-251 is a virtual DCS World F/A-18C squadron flying the Belsimtek/Eagle Dynamics F/A-18C module exclusively. We focus on real-world tactics as best we can within the DCS Wold environment.

VMFA-251 is not your run of the mill DCS World squadron.

"Custos Caelorum"
DCS World Simple Radio TACview LotAtc