Welcome to the VMFA-251 website. We are currently in a workup period in anticipation of the upcoming release of the DCS World F/A-18C "Hornet"  module. Once the F/A-18C module is released VMFA-251 will be exclusively an F/A-18 squadron but, until then we are currently using the DCS World AV-8B night attack module from RAZBAM as our sole airframe. This is definitely a work in progress but if you're interested in joining VMFA-251 we would love to hear from you.

Sign in to follow this  
Plague

R. Lee Ermey

Heard about this.  Sucks.  I had the opportunity to meet him back '04 when I was in Afghanistan. Was actually in the Mail Call episode when he was filming there.  HM1 Lightner at the time, check it out.  Lol.  You can tell I was nervous.

He hung out with us in the RAS for over an hour taking a break.  Really cool and down-to-earth guy.  So sad to hear this news.

• Like 1

Never got the chance to meet him. Heard he was in Camp Dwyer with a few other celebs like Markie Mark in 2010. Unfortunately, I was doing grunt things.

I just happened to be there at the right time.  We stopped sickcall and our normal schedule so they could film and he could sign autographs and what not.  There might have been a rocket attack later that day too.  Lol

haha nice, that's how it always works lol.  I did get to meet Ted Nugent. Sweaty Teddy is a pretty cool dude. 

6th Regiment here.  Went to Iraq the year before with 1/8.  Way back in the day was with 2/2 and almost went on a UNITAS but got hurt doing small boat ops.

That was 2009-11, prior to that I was with 3rd FAST in VA.  Knew plenty of cats who went to 1/8 and 2/2. Think (could be wrong and will let him correct) that CH was FAC for 2/8 for a tour. 

Echo Co.  Nice.  I was Fox in 2/2.  Helo company.  Great time.  Spent a lot of time in the back of and fast roping out of 46's and 53's.  Even got to do some SPIE rigging from a Huey during my first Corpsman coverage.  That was a blast.

Had a buddy of mine that was in FAST company.  Corpsman by the name of Chris Brey.  Ring a bell?

Nice, was track company (fml). I did do a lot of work with Helos for FAST, both spie rig and plenty of fast roping (always had plenty of HRST masters in MCSFBn/Regt).  That stuff was always fun to do lol. 

Brey doesn't ring a bell, what time frame? 

Tracks?  Gross.  Avoided those things like the plague.  Would have been nice to be in one in Afghanistan though.  Those Humvee ambulances are not bullet proof.

I think he was there late 90's or early 2000's.  So before your time.

Haha, I wish I could have avoided them, luckily only had CAX to deal with as far as free rides from them.  Nah, always used to think riding would have been better, but found out pretty quick being foot mobile is the best lol. 

Yea, I figured it prolly was. 

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

VMFA-251 is currently in a workup period in anticipation of the upcoming release of the DCS World F/A-18C "Hornet" module. Once the F/A-18C model is released VMFA-251 will be exclusively an F/A-18 squadron but, until then we are currently using the DCS World AV-8B night attack module from RAZBAM as our sole airframe.
DCS World Simple Radio TACview